Los Angeles, CA
If you’re looking for a Fall 2018 internship, Propper Daley is searching! We seek an intelligent, motivated, and resourceful intern who is excited to bring critical thinking and sharp analytical skills to our research and strategy team. Our Fall 2018 term runs from September through December.
As a research and strategy intern at Propper Daley, you will support our social impact work, research and analyze social issue areas, and develop reports, presentations, and other memos for our team and our clients.
Propper Daley interns regularly interact with account leads and senior leadership on wide-ranging projects and issues. Through their work, interns contribute to the agency’s in-house research, issue expertise, strategy development efforts for new clients, and business development pitches.
MORE ABOUT US
A social impact agency based in Hollywood, Propper Daley helps our clients leverage their unique assets to create positive change in the world. We work with influencers, brands and causes, providing both strategic and creative solutions to move the needle on the issues they care most about. Our approach, rooted in behavioral science, moves beyond foundational "awareness raising" to those strategies and ideas that shift the attitudes and perceptions that lead to behavior change.
We believe deeply in working as teams. More often than not, social change requires collaborative creativity, disruption and complex problem solving. We hope to serve our clients as thought-partners, strategists, advisers, tacticians and all-around utility players as they move their important work forward. Each member of the Propper Daley team brings a diverse set of relevant expertise that uniquely positions us to get things done. This includes proven experience in coalition-driven social change, leadership of high-stakes political campaigns, experience building a shared policy agenda in arenas with fractured opinion, convening powerful learning communities to drive coordinated action, and supporting the growth and evolution of individual change agents.
Some of our clients include:
- John Legend and #FREEAMERICA
- The Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation
- The Call of Duty Endowment
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Bradley Charles Cooper Foundation
- The Paramount Network
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate institution with a minimum 3.4 GPA
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and work in a dynamic team
- Strong interest in advocacy, research, philanthropy, and/or social entrepreneurship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- A sense of humor
To apply for an internship, please submit your written examples and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Strategy & Research Internship Application: [Your name here].”
1. Essay: A 250-word essay identifying a company you believe is strategically and effectively contributing to a specific social issue or cause, as well as potential opportunities for the company to strengthen or expand its effort.
2. Recommendation Memo: Identify three (3) summer filmmaking camps that support youth from underserved or low-income areas, and organize them with information that would be useful in arriving at a recommendation for which one a client should support. The memo should explain the methodology and rationale behind the recommendation.
Note: This internship is for college credit only. You must be eligible for school credit (and supply a letter from sponsor/administrator upon request).